Did you know that there is a Taxpayers Bill of Rights? I have to tell you, I was quite surprised when discussing this topic with many of my non-accountant friends and relatives — almost all of them had no clue that there was such thing.
The Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights was set up by the IRS to help establish ground rules for the their conduct when it comes to your dealings with them. And was designed to protect you from both abuse and neglect from the agency. Below are your 10 rights under the currently revised bill:
- The Right to be Informed
- The Right to Quality Service
- The Right to Pay No More than the Correct Amount of Tax
- The Right to Challenge the IRS’s Position and Be Heard
- The Right to Appeal an IRS Decision in an Independent Forum
- The Right to Finality
- The Right to Privacy
- The Right to Confidentiality
- The Right to Retain Representation
- The Right to a Fair and Just Tax System
Learn more visit here.